Pages


The old Gospel sound is traditional and simple, flows from God through holy vessels, and is powerful to move hearts toward Christ.

(Joslin Grove Choral Society)



Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary's mount outpoured,
There where the blood of the Lamb was spilled.

Chorus
Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.

Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace,
Freely bestowed on all who believe!
You that are longing to see His face,
Will you this moment His grace receive?

Text: Julia H. Johnston
Music: Daniel B. Towner



O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O light that foll’west all my way,
I yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.

George Mattheson 1882



Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Chorus
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Lyrics: Thomas Obediah Chisholm 1866-1960
Music: William Marion Runyan 1870-1957









(Jen Flowers)





(Jen playing the Hammond A-100)





(Paula Orr)



(Crystal Lewis)






(Alan Jackson)



I found the following on YouTube. It represents the type of music (Rumble Community Baptist Church) my ministry was rooted in. I am called back to it often and do not plan to ever get too far away from it.



(Andy Griffith)



(The Hoppers)



(Recorded on December 30, 1962 a few days before Pastor Ray Rumsey died. Allow 15 seconds for sound.)



There's glory in my soul since Jesus took control,
He placed within my heart a happy song;
The joy-bells sweetly ring,
While of his love I sing,
Press on, it won't be very long.

Chorus
Press on it won't be very long [not long]
Until we reach that land of song,
In Heaven some sweet day,
I’m going there to stay,
Press on it won't be very long.

In Heaven I am told the streets are purest gold,
O what a lovely place to make my home;
United there we'll be, we'll shout the victory,
Press on it won't be very long.

He fills my way with cheer, with him I have no fear,
He guides my weary steps along the way;
I’m glad he promised me a mansion full and free,
Press on it won't be very long.

Klassik Konzert



The Roberta Martin Singers